expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday 11 April 2014

Bangkok 2014 Day 5

Date of travel: 21.03.2014


This post is a continuation from:
Singapore/Bangkok Day 1 - click HERE
Bangkok/Kanchanaburi Day 2 Part I - click HERE
Bangkok/Kanchanaburi Day 2 Part II - click HERE
Bangkok Day 3 - click HERE
Bangkok Day 4 - click HERE



Vicious virus was spreading among us on our last day in Bangkok.  My cough and King Luis's sore throat got worst.  My sis and baby Karsten was running fever on and off.  Die die need to enjoy, got the whole world's time to collapse on bed when back to Singapore.

Breakie at 9.30am.  My plate.

King Luis's.
Breakfast buffet in the hotel was great.  But didn't want to eat too much.  Need to reserve stomach space for other food.

On our way to Big C Supermarket.  Passed by some stalls.
Motorist in orange vest was actually a private transport.  Saw a few picked up passangers and drove off at this very same spot.


Mad cheap, singlets and tank tops which I wonder why I didn't buy any >.<  Feel so stupid now.

Reached Big C Supermarket but got "stuck" at a Wacoal Lingerie shop.   Bought 3 bras, cheaper than Singapore, satisfactory!  Headed to the pharmacy next to the supermarket.  Bought cough medication,   panadol substitute, some lozenges and a couple of disposal face masks, all for 100 baht only.

Some pics in Big C Supermarket.




Food is really affordable in Thailand.  Grilled fish 35 baht.

Packed rice meals 29 baht.

Wanted to buy some tibits home but King Luis was not the least bit of interested.  So we walked out with a few packet of sweets only.

Before we left the building, chanced upon Beauty Buffet.
The shop was pink and delicious!



Bought some stuffs, gotten a free  pink PVC tote bag.
I was almost beyond recognition with a hat, specs and face mask.  So I took off my hat, main purpose of show off my OOTD -
Grey top - Siam Square night market 200 baht
Lace denim shorts - Pratunam Market 100 baht
Black plumps - Platinum Mall 280 baht
Waahaaahaa.... cheap and nice enough!

After this, we went back to the hotel to pack up and check out.   We need to leave for the airport mid-noon for night flight, so it would be better not to wonder off too far away.  We had reserved the remaining time soley at Platinum Mall.

Lunch was also at Platinum Mall's food court.  It was newly renovated, much bigger than it used to be.

The food court uses "cash card" payment, which can be purchase over these counters.
It looked like bank counters lolxx....

We ordered lots of food to share and ate a bit of everything.

Crispy Pork rice 100 baht.
King Luis quite like it and finished almost everything.


Sticky Rice with mango 100 baht.
Mango was sweet with a tinge of sour, generous creamy coconut milk was poured over sticky rice.  One mouth of mango, one mouth of sticky rice....... heaven.....

Quail's eggs 35 baht.
Bought it becos' it's cute and the kids could share among themselves.

Custard puffs 49 baht.

This was crazy delicious.  Soft fluffy puff with bursting vanilla cream at each bite.
 Managed to eat one before the kids wiped out everything.

Kway Chap 50 baht.
Very different from Singapore.  Portion was small (which was good, too big I no stomach space liao)  I chose my own ingredients, egg, tofu and fried pork belly.  Everything in one bowl.

I hope I got the prices correct cos' the receipts were all in thai, I sort of "match" the time printed on the receipts with the time of the photos :P

After lunch was massive shopping in the comfort of aircon in Platinum Mall.
Wanted to buy couple's -shirt from this shop, but they insisted minimum purchase of 2 sets, so gave it a miss since the salesgirl also not too keen in her sales.

I spend most of my time in a shop called HOOK on the 4th floor.   They sell clothes with nice material, good workmanship and with sizes!   The salesgirl wore a big smile and gave me everything to try.  I was very busy, very distracted, very excited, very happy with the apparels and the salesgirl's warm service. Did not take down the unit number nor a photo of the shop >.<   Will post up the nice clothes from them in a separate blog post =)

Vending machines outside the washroom.  Didn't know pregnancy test kit is as essential as sanitary pads and tissue paper >.<

Was quite happy with my loots although my purchases were not  as much as my previous trip.   Everything went into the luggages nicely.  We left for the airport by taxi early to beat the traffic.  Journey was smooth, from  Novotel Platinum Hotel to the airport was 400 baht.
Paid 10 baht to weigh my luggages, surprisingly, they did not exceed, good.

No make-up selfie.

Poor Karsten, not  well too...

Fun selfie with King Luis.

Made a browse at the web-site, there were some recommendations for Kin Japanese Restaurant & Ramen.  My bro-in-law was craving for fast food, so we "kidnapped" Janelle and settled our dinner here before boarding.

It's not a posh restaurant, interior was simple.


Pork Steak set with rice and drink 465 baht.


Wanton Ramen 265 baht.

Janelle comic :P~~

Chashu Ramen 265 baht.

Food was pretty decent, but nothing in particular to rave and it's expensive. 

Departing hall....

Pic taken before landing.  We saw a red colored moon which I wasn't able to capture it into the camera.

Landed safely at around 10.30pm.   Hubby aka chauffeur was there waiting, he looked like a big bear, wanted to give him a big hug like what people does in TV.  Fly away or fly back must miss miss kiss kiss and hug hug, making airports a place with emotions and affections.   But then he bo chap, walked off pushing the trolley of luggages with him -___-   "Walk faster lah, you not tired I tired leh, so late already..." I totally gave up on educating him into a more romantic person..... but he is still an old cutie in my eyes ^.^

King Luis and I didn't get better over the weekend rest.  Went to the doc, both bills was a big bleed close to S$100.

Bought travel insurance from ACE Insurance.   But it was only at this point, we realised that they only cover medical during travel period -___-   Even the lousiest travel insurance I had bought covered medical 3 to 7 days after travel period.   So, our medical bills were not claimable.

My friend's experience with them wasn't any better.  Her flight delay more than 12hrs, they compensate only S$100 when others compensate around S$300.   For flight delay, while others are claimable with 6hrs delay, ACE Insurance can only claim after 12hrs, she told me.   Went online for a quick search, which I could had done before making this big mistake of buying from them, there were so many "victims", more than 95% of the reviews were negative.   Wonder why they never close down.

To sum up, I lost my wallet (I never report police), got sick, not able to claim a single cent from this good for nothing ACE Insurance.  It cost me more than S$30/pax for their useless travel insurance, it was as if I didn't buy travel insurance at all.

Perhaps people buy from them as they compensate the most in event of death, handicap etc.   For that, my own life insurance is enough, who needs such travel insurance from ACE, good for nothing.  No, rephrase they are good at cheating and it's legal.  So, wise up, don't put your money in the wrong place.

Got over with that wicked and worthless insurance company, I am really glad that my Bangkok/Kanchanaburi wasn't just a 吃喝玩乐 (eat, drink, play only) lame trip.   King Luis and I trekked, drank water from the river, of course we did normal city stuff like watching movie, we shopped and ate, above all, we had each other.

My occasional blurness had brought King Luis and I closer, he seemed to had grown up a bit.  I want to do the same to my elder son Darren too (excluding the drowning part).

I love the thrills of my "first times" in this trip - 1st stay at Novotel Platinum Mall, 1st trek to Erawan Waterfalls, 1st time in my life almost drowned in river on elephant ride, 1st time lost wallet on a trip, 1st dinner cruise on Grand Pearl, 1st time to Pratunam Market and many 1st tries on food.  If you had read my previous entries, you must be laughing till breathless now.   Every friend I meet will laugh at me, sigh.... I know I am a bit absurd....., alright, I will be more careful next time, heehee....

Bangkok is too alluring.  Just 2hrs flight, literally just a stone throw away, making it a really desirable destination, especially for an "informal pauper" (real pauper have no money even to buy food) like me, heehee.....  Hope to go back again, this time I hope to travel by train to Ayutthaya to visit the temple ruins.

Just look at this pic I found, cool right?  I need to be there!
  Either  a sponsorship dropped from the sky or I save up.  The later is more realistic, so I am working towards to this, my non-ambitious little target.

Thank you for reading my 5 days Bangkok/Kanchanaburi travel blogs , hope the informations are useful in some way or at least made you laugh.



6 comments:

  1. Hi susan. Yr bkk trip with yr son King luis was very interesting and funny. Very nice write up, esp when King luis saying some touching words. Haha. Hope to read yr ayuthaya post soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hihi, where's the beauty buffet located at?

    thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, the one I went to is at Big C. Terminal 21 also have. It's a local brand, I think most major shopping malls will have :)

      Delete
  3. hi very nice blog...may i knw which hotel u stay thnx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stayed at Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam Hotel, damage: S$160/day

      Delete